Sweet-salty chocolatey no-bake Ritz peanut butter cookies snack is super-easy and great fun treat to make with kids.
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cooling time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 50 Minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- 48 Ritz crackers
- 2 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter sweetened
- Sprinkles optional
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
Step 2: Microwave chopped chocolate block or chocolate chips in a bowl for 10-15 seconds burst stirring at each burst. Do NOT overheat chocolate while melting. If melting in microwave do it in 20 seconds burst and give it a good stir during every burst. Once 80-90% of the chocolate is melted, stop heating it further. With a good stir and residue heat from the bowl the leftover bits of chocolate will melt.
TIP: add 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil to chocolate before melting. Coconut oil will help melt chocolate into smooth silky chocolate.
Step 3: Place 24 crackers on the baking sheet leaving little space between each other.
Step 4: Spoon in about ½ to 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter on top of each cracker.
Step 5: Gently press another cracker on top of to make cracker sandwich.
Step 6: Repeat with remaining crackers.
TIP: you can refrigerate cracker sandwich for 20-30 minutes to firm up the peanut butter. It will be easy to work with chocolate coating.
Step 7: Drop a cracker sandwich in melted chocolate. Using two forks, gently move the cracker around to get uniform coating of chocolate.
Step 8: Shake off excess chocolate coating from the cracker sandwich.
Step 9: Place chocolate coated crackers on baking sheet.
Step 10: Repeat with remaining cracker sandwich.
Step 11: If using sprinkles, add sprinkles on top before chocolate sets. You can add coarse sea salt instead of sprinkles.
Step 12: Let Ritz cookies sit until chocolate hardens and set.
Step 13: Once chocolate is fully set, transfer Ritz cookies to air tight containers and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Or pop in freezer. You can keep these cookies frozen for up to 3 months.
- Ritz crackers are best! But you can use any other buttery saltine crackers (buttery crackers) too.
- Use premium quality chocolate either blocks or chips. You want the chocolate to melt well.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil to chocolate before melting. Coconut oil will help melt chocolate into smooth silky chocolate.
- Don’t spread peanut butter to the edges or else it will spill out.
- Gently press another cracker to form sandwich with evenly distributed peanut butter center.
- You can refrigerate cracker sandwich for 20-30 minutes to firm up the peanut butter before dipping in melted chocolate. Makes it easier to work.
- Use two forks to flip cracker sandwich in melted chocolate. It’s easy to tap off excess chocolate coating with fork.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 198kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 104mg
- Potassium: 180mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
- Vitamin A: 9IU
- Calcium: 25mg
- Iron: 2mg
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.