Strawberry Christmas Trees Desserts are an easy no-bake holiday treat that takes an Oreo cookie and tops it with frosting and a chocolate-dipped strawberry decorated to look like a Christmas Tree.
A great Christmas-tree shaped dessert for holiday entertaining, making treats with the kids, or gifting to loved ones.
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 0 Minute
- Chill time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Green Candy Melts
- 1 pound strawberries
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- rainbow nonpareils
- candy stars
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Spoon the frosting into a piping bag or zip-top plastic baggie with the corner cut off to make frosting neat and easy. Pipe a layer of vanilla frosting onto the top of each Oreo cookie. This will act as the glue to stick the strawberry on top, but also look like snow.
Step 2: Cut stem-end off strawberries, slicing the end to create a flat surface so that the berry will stand up nicely.
Step 3: Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment until completely melted.
Step 4: Insert a dipping tool or small fork into the flat, cut end of a strawberry and dip it into the melted green candy. Use a second fork to gently remove the strawberry, placing it on top of the frosted cookie. Immediately top with a star and add sprinkles. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
Step 5: Chill strawberries uncovered in the refrigerator until set (about 30 minutes).
Step 6: For best taste and texture, serve your strawberries within a few hours of making them. As the strawberries set they will release juices, which can sog up the cookie over time. Store Christmas tree strawberries in the refrigerator until serving.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- For best taste and texture, serve your strawberries within a few hours of making them.
- Yield: 12
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 235kcal
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.