Start to finish: 35 minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced pancetta
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears, diagonally cut has 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn (from 3 medium ears)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed, leaves torn into small bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Step 2: Cook the pasta until al dente, about 9 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
Step 3: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
Step 4: Add the pancetta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until rendered, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard half the fat; add the shallot to remaining fat in skillet, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
Step 5: Add the garlic, and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
Step 6: Add the asparagus, corn, and red pepper flakes to the skillet, and sauté for about 1 minute.
Step 7: Stir in the tomatoes, and allow to blister and break down a little, about 5 minutes.
Step 8: Stir in the kale and cook just until it wilts. Swirl in butter until melted.
Step 9: Toss the pasta in sauce, adding cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, to help the sauce adhere to the pasta.
Step 10: Season to taste with salt.
Step 11: Divide the pasta between 4 bowls, and sprinkle with basil and grated Parmesan.