Flaky and flavorful trout recipe is ready in 30 minutes, baked in the oven with almonds crust, thyme, and a dijon mustard sauce.
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 30 Minutes
- Half sheet
Key Ingredients Needed
- 8 ounces Fresh Rainbow Trout fillets (roughly 2 large fillets)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1⁄2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon slices, for serving
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
Step 2: Lightly oil a baking sheet or casserole baking dish (you can line with parchment paper
as an alternative).
Step 3: Place the trout fillets in the prepared baking dish.
Step 4: In a small bowl, mix together the dijon mustard and 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
Step 5: Spoon the mustard mixture over the top of the trout fillets.
Step 6: Sprinkle the trout with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Step 7: In a separate small bowl, mix together the chopped almonds and dried thyme.
Step 8: Generously cover the trout fillets with the seasoned crushed almonds.
Step 9: Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the trout fillets reach an internal temperature of 145 F or flake easily with a fork.
Step 10: Serve with a garnish of fresh lemon slices.
- Trout is cooked through when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 F at its thickest part. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can check by using a fork to flake the fillet. If it flakes easily, its done!
- The best tip is to use a meat thermometer! Overcooking trout makes it really dry and just not good. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer – you want it at 145 F.
- Fresh trout makes a lot of difference over frozen! Frozen tends to hold a lot of extra water and doesn’t crisp up as nicely.
- Use fresh lemon juice from an actual lemon, not the bottled stuff! It really does make a difference!
- Store any leftover trout in an airtight glass container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. You can reheat it in a pan on the stove or in the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to help the skin re-crisp up.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 235kcal
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 19g
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.