This no-bake sweet peppermint Candy Cane Cheesecake is made with a delicious chocolate Oreo cookie crust, a creamy cheesecake filling, and is loaded with sweet peppermint flavor from crushed mini candy canes.
Perfect as a dessert for your holiday potluck, or party, or for your family Christmas dinner.
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Chill time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours 20 Minutes
- Food Processor to crush the Oreo cookies for the cookie crumb crust
- 9″ Springform Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Mixing Bowl Set
- Stand Mixer
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Sharp Knife to cut the brownies
- Cutting Board
Key Ingredients Needed
For the crust
- 30 Oreos
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar, or confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or more to taste
- 1 & 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes/peppermints
- red gel food coloring
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Make The Oreo Crust
Step 1: Place the Oreos in the body of a food processor.
Step 2: Process the Oreos until they are only small crumbs.
Step 3: Drizzle in the melted butter while pulsing. Give it a stir with a spoon to make sure the crumbs are coated in the butter.
Step 4: Press the crumbs into a 9-inch springform pan on the bottom and slightly up the sides. I like to use the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup to pack the crumbs in place. Place in the freezer while you assemble the filling.
Make The Cheesecake Filling
Step 1: In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer, you can also do this with a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, until smooth.
Step 2: Add the granulated sugar and mix it in.
Step 3: Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract, mix to combine, set aside.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, make sure not to overmix.
Step 5: Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until there are no streaks. Taste and add more peppermint extract if you want more of a mint flavor.
Step 6: Fold in the crushed candy canes. Divide the mixture into two bowls. Color one of the bowl with red food coloring until you get a shade of pink that you like.
Step 7: Dollop the filling into the crust, so it has a mix of pink and white filling throughout, smooth out the top. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight if you can.
Step 8: Take off the outer attachment of the pan, slice, and serve with toppings or as is.
- The cream cheese needs to be softened before starting to work with it. I recommend taking the cream cheese out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before starting the recipe. In addition, be sure to use a good quality cream cheese. Sometimes generic store brand cream cheese has a slightly different texture and doesn’t work as well in a cheesecake.
- Recommend using the full-fat heavy whipping cream to make the whipped cream. Using half and half does not provide the same rich texture to the cheesecake.
- Different peppermint extracts have different strengths. Start with mixing in 1/4 teaspoon into the batter, and taste the batter first. If it needs to be stronger, then you can add another 1/4 teaspoon and taste it again until it has the right amount of peppermint flavor.
- This no-bake cheesecake needs to chill for a full 8 hours in order to firm up. Don’t try to rush it. So only make this cheesecake if you have allowed enough time for it to chill completely.
- When serving, try not to leave out for more than an hour otherwise it may start to soften too much. I recommend after serving, cover and return it to the refrigerator.
- Serving size: 12
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 575kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Sodium: 331mg
- Potassium: 164mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 37g
- Vitamin A: 1331IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- Iron: 3mg
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.