Popular light soup in Chinese home cooking that is super easy to make and very healthy.
- Prep time: 1 Minute
- Cook time: 6 Minutes
- Total time: 7 Minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- 4 cups mixed green leafy vegetables
- 2 tomatoes, cut in to wedges
- 16 oz tofu (soft to medium), drained
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Green onions, chopped
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Remove tofu from package carefully and place on a plate. Using a knife, cut it horizontally, vertically and on the sides so they are 1 inch cubes.
Step 2: In a soup pot, add water and broth, and bring to a boil. Add tofu and tomatoes and let it cook for 5 minutes. Bring it to a boil again.
Step 3: This time when the water boils, add the green vegetables, and let it cook one more minute or until the vegetables are just cooked and not over cooked.
Step 4: Turn off the heat, add sesame oil, salt, and green onions. Stir gently to mix well, and remove from heat and serve!
You can choose your favorite green veggies to use! Sometimes we use spinach, other times we use any mix of green leafy veggies – it’s so easy to just use the prepackaged salad mix of veggies too!
- Yield: 6
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 221kcal
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 15g
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.