Flakey homemade pie crust with a filling of eggs, half & half, spiced ground sausage, onion, green chiles, cilantro, and Monterey Jack cheese, baked until golden on the top.
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 45 Minutes
- Total time: 1 Hour
- Pie dish
- Rolling pin
Key Ingredients Needed
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, minced, both yellow and green
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained of the extra juice
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Jisa Farmstead Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Pie crust
- sliced green onion, tomatoes and additional cilantro for garnishing/serving if desired
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Line a deep-dish pie plate with your own or a store-bought pie crust, set aside.
Step 3: In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork sausage with onion, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Step 4: When the meat is almost cooked, add in the green chilies. Remove from heat, placing on a paper towel-lined plate to drain grease.
Step 5: In a bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half. Mix in chopped cilantro.
Step 6: Sprinkle the flour into the bottom of the pie crust, spread the meat mixture into the bottom, top with shredded cheese.
Step 7: Pour the egg mixture over the top. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
Step 8: Let the quiche rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Step 9: Garnish with sliced tomatoes, green onion, and additional cilantro if desired.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Yield: 8
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 464kcal
- Total Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 176mg
- Sodium: 843mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 21g
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.