Start to finish: 35 minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger, divided
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped garlic, divided
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed, strings removed
- 3 baby red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 baby yellow bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pound extra-large (16/20-count) peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- Sliced green onion, optional
- Black sesame seeds, toasted, optional
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon grated ginger and 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
Step 3: Add the rice, and stir to coat, letting it gently toast for about 3 minutes.
Step 4: Add the water and a pinch of kosher salt.
Step 5: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring once; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed about 15 minutes.
Step 6: Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
Step 7: In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes.
Step 8: In a large nonstick skillet, warm the vegetable oil over medium-high.
Step 9: Add the sugar snap peas and bell peppers, and sauté until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 10: Add the shrimp and cook just until pink, about 2 minutes.
Step 11: Add remaining ginger and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Step 12: Stir in the sauce; remove from heat.
Step 13: Fluff the rice and divide it among 4 bowls.
Step 14: Top with the stir-fry, and garnish with the green onions and toasted sesame seeds.