Keto meringue cookie recipe is great for any occasion especially for kids of all ages to make and take to holiday parties or events.
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Additional time: 2 Hours
- Total time: 3 Hours 20 Minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated Monk Fruit sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
Step 2: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 3: Place egg whites and salt in the stand mixer and mix at medium speed until frothy with the whisk attachment.
Step 4: Add cream of tartar and mix at medium high speed.
Step 5: Beat in sweetener, 1 tbsp at a time. Tip: this step is very important, do not add all the sugar at one time, add it in slowly.
Step 6: Add in vanilla extract and mix. The meringue will start to become stiff with peaks. To check if it is ready, roll a pinch of the meringue between your thumb and finger and feel for any gritty sugar. If there is any present, continue to beat the meringue until it is gone and stiff peaks form.
Step 7: Prep the piping bag by snipping the end and inserting a star tip. Fold the pastry bag over and place inside of a glass or jar. Fill the bag with the meringue using a wooden spoon.
Step 8: Squeeze out any air bubbles and twist the top of the bag.
Step 9: Hold the pastry bag straight up and down, squeeze dollops of meringue onto the prepared cookie sheet, pulling up to create peaks.
Note: Meringues don’t spread however, you don’t want to place them too close as they need proper air flow during baking and dry time.
Step 10: Bake for 1 hour and let stand in the cool oven to dry 2 hours or over night.
Step 11: For decorating dust with cinnamon or crushed nuts.
Store: Store these sweet treats in a large freezer bag or airtight container for a week or in the freezer for up to three months. They are a fun addition to a holiday cookie exchange!
- Use the sugar-free sweetener of your choice. I also like granulated Swerve although it has a colling sensation when eaten for some.
- Yield: 50
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 3kcal
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 6mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 0g
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.