Very easy to make and delicious, creamy, decadent DIY creamy hot chocolate stick with endless flavouring and topping options of your choice on cold winters days.
Key Ingredients Needed
- 18 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate. Use a mix of semi-sweet and dark chocolate to get best taste. If you like your cocoa slightly bitter use only dark chocolate.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar or powdered sugar. You can substitute powdered sugar with condensed milk.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cream
- Optional topping ideas: Mini marshmallows, Peppermint candies, White chocolate chips, or Sprinkles
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Use microwave or double boiler to melt dark chocolate. If needed add 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil to help melt chocolate.
Step 2: Add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, salt and cream to melted chocolate.
Step 3: Mix it all together.
Step 4: Add chocolate to piping bag and snip off the end.
Step 5: Pipe chocolate mix into silicon molds. Fill 3/4 of the cavity leaving some space for toppings. Silicon molds are best as it’s easy to pull off the chocolate once set. You can also use ice cube trays. Use disposable one serving yogurt pot. Grease with flavorless oil and fill it 2/3 full.
Step 6: Stick a popsicle stick or lollipop stick to the center of each square.
Step 7: Add desired toppings to each block of the chocolate. You can top your each squares of hot chocolate with your favorite toppings. From most popular mini marshmallows, crushed peppermint candies, white chocolate chips, sprinkles or fudge pieces, add just about anything you like in your hot chocolate.
Step 8: Refrigerator until set, for 3 hours or overnight.
Step 9: Store refrigerated until use. Wrap individual chocolate squares in cello-phone wraps. Tie the ends. Store in air tight metal box at room temperature for up to 5 days. Store refrigerated for 2 weeks. You can freeze these to store longer for up to a month.
Step 10: If gifting, wrap in plastic bags tie with decorative ribbons. Wrap individual sticks in clean dry cello-phone wrap or small plastic gift wraps. Tie together with curly decorative ribbons or tags. Add instructions like “stir me in 6oz hot milk” on the tag.
Note: To enjoy a cup of hot chocolate, use a LARGE cup. Pour VERY hot milk into a cup and stir chocolate stick it vigorously until fully melted. You’ll need 6oz VERY hot milk to make a cup of cocoa from 1 square. Hot water won’t taste good for this hot chocolate sticks. Enjoy immediately.
- SERVING SIZE: 16 sticks (3.5cm x 3.5cm square)
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 273kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Potassium: 230mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 23g
- Vitamin A: 180IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- Iron: 2mg
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.