Christmas Caramel Pretzel Bites are a fun and easy Christmas treat made with caramels, pretzels, candy melts, and sprinkles. These salty-sweet treats are bite-sized, kid-friendly, and perfect for serving up at your Christmas party.
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Set time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 35 Minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- Small classic pretzel twists
- 12 soft caramels, unwrapped and cut in half
- 1 package red Candy Melts
- 1 package green Candy Melts
- 1 package white Candy Melts
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening. Mixing a bit of shortening in with the candy melts gives them the perfect texture for drizzling.
- Holiday sprinkles. Top your pretzel bites with red and green sprinkles or nonpareils for a festive finish.
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Arrange half of the pretzels on the baking sheet in a single layer. Place a caramel on top of each of the pretzels, right in the center.
Note: Depending on the size of your baking sheet you may need 2 baking sheets, or to work in batches.
Step 3: Place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes until the caramels are softened.
Step 4: Remove from the oven and immediately place a pretzel on top of each caramel and press down slightly.
Step 5: Leave the pretzels on the baking sheet and allow them to cool completely.
Step 6: After the caramels have cooled, it is time to decorate. Add the red candy melts and a teaspoon of shortening to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until completely melted and smooth. Stir in an additional shortening a teaspoon at a time if needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
Note: Instead of using the microwave, you can melt your candy melts in the bowl of a double boiler or in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of water. Heat over med/high heat stirring frequently until completely melted.
Step 7: Place each color of melted candy in a piping bag or plastic baggie and clip off the corner to create a small opening. Drizzle the red chocolate over each pretzel until they are all covered.
Step 8: Repeat the steps with the green candy melts, followed by the white candy melts.
Step 9: Top with sprinkles immediately after drizzling with the white candy melts.
Step 10: Allow the candy melts to set before storing or serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. For longer storage keep in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 24
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 154kcal
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.