Soft and tender chocolate marshmallow cookies are dotted with soft gooey marshmallow bits for a cookie everyone will love.
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 12 Minutes
- Additional time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 52 Minutes
- Cooling Rack
- Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet
- Food Safe Baking Mat
Key Ingredients Needed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Mixing the dough
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
Step 2: Place the butter and 3/4 cup the chocolate chips into a small saucepan and melt over very low heat, whisking occasionally.
Step 3: Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly.
Step 4: Place the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Step 5: Add the sugar and eggs to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for five minutes, or until very smooth and light in colour.
Step 6: Beat the cooled melted chocolate into the sugar and egg mixture until combined.
Step 7: Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula until just mixed – don’t over mix. The dough will be very soft, almost like cake batter.
Step 8: Gently fold the remaining chocolate chips and mini marshmallows into the dough.
Step 9: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for thirty minutes.
Baking the cookies
Step 10: Scoop the dough out onto the prepared baking sheets, setting them two inches apart.
Step 11: Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just firm to the touch.
Step 12: Cool the cookies for about ten minutes on the pan before removing to cool fully on a rack.
Store these cookies in an air tight container on the counter for one week. You can also place them in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 151kcal
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 89mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 2g
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.