Nutter Butter balls are peanut butter cookie truffles dipped in chocolate. These truffles are easy to make and take chocolate peanut butter to the next level.
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 5 Minutes
- Additional: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 55 Minutes
- Covered Double Boiler
- Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
Key Ingredients Needed
- 16 oz. package Nutter Butters (or similar)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 oz. melting chocolate
- Optional: sprinkles or chopped peanuts
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Putting a one pound package of Nutter Butters or a similar peanut butter cookie into a food processor. Process the cookies into fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you can do this in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. However this method is almost sure to make a bit of a mess.
Step 2: Add a half of a brick of cream cheese and peanut butter. It is best to use a standard jar of commercial peanut butter and not a version that you have to stir. Use the food processor to incorporate the cream cheese and peanut butter. The mixture should come together to make a dough like consistency. It may look a little crumbly, but should hold together when rolled into a ball. If it is too dry, add a tablespoon more peanut butter at a time until it holds together.
Step 3: Use a small cookie scoop to portion out 1 Tablespoon of the cookie mixture. Roll into a ball and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Continue until all of the mixture is rolled into balls.
Step 4: Freeze for at least 30 minutes before dipping in chocolate. This will help keep them together while rolling them in chocolate.
Step 5: Melt chocolate in double boiler. Using melting wafers or chocolate designed for melting and coating ensures that the chocolate will be a good consistency.
Step 6: Roll cookie balls in melted chocolate and place on wax paper. Quickly top with chopped nuts or sprinkles if desired. Continue until all truffles are dipped. I like to use a fork to dip the truffles. Just roll them around in the melted chocolate and give the fork a few taps on the side of the double boiler to remove the excess chocolate.
Step 7: Allow to set up completely before transferring to an airtight container to store. They can be stored at room temperature for up to three days. For longer storage, the cookie balls will keep for up to three weeks in the refrigerator. Or freeze them for up to three months.
- Cookie truffles can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Yield: 36 cookie truffles
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 134kcal
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 1g
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.