These chocolate-covered orange slices are made up of tart orange slices and the smooth creamy dark chocolate taste like candy but they are much healthier.
This recipe is Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, and can be made sugar-free and low carb.
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 0 Minute
- Chill time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- dash sea salt, optional
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Wash and dry oranges. Slice into 8 equally sized pieces, either 1/4 inch rounds or wedges.
Step 2: In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stopping and stirring between each increment, until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Line a pan with parchment paper.
Step 4: Dip each orange slice into melted chocolate either fully or halfway. Place on lined pan. Repeat for remaining orange pieces.
Step 5: Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Place pan in fridge for 15 minutes or until chocolate coating has hardened.
Step 6: Serve chocolate covered oranges once chocolate coating has hardened. Do not eat the peel!
Step 7: Store in fridge. The chocolate will soften if left at room temperature for too long.
- Use fresh, juicy oranges for best results.
- Slice oranges your preferred way, thin rounds or wedges. Both work well! I cut mine into rounds so they are more visually appealing.
- Do not eat the peel.
- They can also be peeled and sliced before dipped into chocolate.
- For best results, stop and stir chocolate mixture between each 30 second increment in the microwave. This yields extra creamy chocolate and prevents burning. It should only take two 30 second increments to be fully melted.
- This makes a lot of melted chocolate so you will probably have a little leftover. I like to use up any fruit in my fridge and dip it in!
- Dip as much or as little of the orange pieces in the chocolate as desired.
- Store in fridge for up to 4 days.
- Not recommend freezing these.
- Serving size: 16 pieces
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 68kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 30mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 37IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- Iron: 1mg
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.