Simple yet flavorful bacon-wrapped chicken breast in air fryer recipe is suitable for low carb, keto-free, and gluten-free diets.
Pair the chicken with roasted veggies, potatoes, rice, or favorite side dishes to make it a meal your whole family will enjoy.
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 22 Minutes
- Total time: 32 Minutes
Key Ingredients Needed
- 24 ounces (696g) boneless skinless chicken breast 4 chicken breasts
- 3 ounces (85g) bacon 4 slices
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Prep Ahead: Prepare the chicken up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to cook. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before air frying.
Step 1: Preheat Air Fryer to 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C and lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil.
Step 2: Wrap a strip of bacon around each of the chicken breasts and secure with a toothpick if needed. Depending on the size of the chicken breast, you may need moer than one strip of bacon.
Step 3: Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 15-22 minutes, or until an instant thermometer reads 165 degrees F / 94 degrees C when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
Step 4: Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Store: This bacon wrapped chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freeze: Wrap each chicken breast separately and freeze in an air-tight bag, and keep frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw the chicken overnight in the fridge and then bring the chicken to room temperature before cooking as directed or reheating.
Reheat: Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F / 187 degrees C. Bring the leftover bacon wrapped chicken to room temperature for 5-10 minutes, then place the chicken into the air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Use paper towels to thoroughly dry the chicken before wrapping it with bacon.
- Feel free to season the chicken with your favorite herbs or seasoning blend.
- For larger chicken breasts, slice in half before wrapping with bacon.
- Feeding a large family? Simply double this recipe.
- Be sure to remove all of the toothpicks before serving.
- Cook until an instant thermometer reads 165 degrees F / 74 degrees C when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, so use the cooking time listed as a guide, check your food for doneness, and adjust the time as needed.
- Storage – keep in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
- There are 3 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
- Yield: 4
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 283kcal
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Sodium: 338mg
- Potassium: 671mg
- Vitamin A: 59IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- Iron: 1mg
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.