Peppermint Cheesecake Bars (Gluten-Free) has three layers which the bottom layer is like a mix of brownie and cookie, the middle layer is a smooth peppermint cheesecake filling, and the top layer is a velvety chocolate ganache.
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 42 Minutes
- Cooling time: 2 Hours
- Total time: 2 Hours 57 Minutes
- 9 x 13 baking pan
Key Ingredients Needed
Brownie (Bottom Later)
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 c. gluten-free all purpose flour
Cheesecake (Middle Layer)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- green food coloring, optional
Chocolate Ganache (Top Layer)
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- crushed candy canes and sprinkles, optional
Instructions/Step By Step Directions
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F.
Step 2: To make the bottom layer, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with butter until smooth.
Step 3: Combine melted chocolate with sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and gluten-free flour. Blend well with hand mixer.
Step 4: Spread your mixture in a greased 9 x 13″ baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.
Step 5: For the middle layer, cream together cream cheese, softened butter, and cornstarch until fluffy.
Step 6: Slowly add in sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, egg, and green food coloring, if desired.
Step 7: Pour mixture over the bottom layer while still hot. Then, bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
Step 8: For the top chocolate ganache layer, melt chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream, and corn syrup together in a saucepan over low/medium heat. Remember to stir constantly until mixture is smooth.
Step 9: Once cheesecake has baked, spread chocolate ganache evenly over the peppermint cheesecake layer. Add crushed candy canes and sprinkles and chill in refrigerator until set.
Step 10: Once set, cut into bars. Makes about 2-3 dozen depending on how big the squares are cut.
- Yield: 36
- Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 199kcal
- Total Carb: 26.7 g
- Total Fat: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 35.7 mg
* All nutritional information provided is approximate/estimated and can vary depending on several factors such as the exact ingredients you use, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
* Nutritional values were obtained with automatic software using the amounts of products used. To get the most accurate representation of the nutritional values, you should calculate them with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for the nutritional information obtained to be accurate.